The goal of our extended day program is to offer families a program that meets and understands the growing demands and challenges that families face today. Whether your children need a quality program before or after school – Nativity Early Learning Center is here to provide extended care to your children.
Extended Day Program Philosophy
Children arriving between 6:30 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. will be offered breakfast and time to socialize with teachers and their peers. The after school program offers:
The curriculum and materials used in our extended day program incorporate a variety of learning experiences and fun. The children will have time to work/play independently and/or with their teachers and peers. We will continue to foster the learning plan taught at the Nativity School through guided homework time and instructional strategies, as well as boost their self-confidence and build great friendships.
- Snack and juice
- Time for homework and, if necessary, teacher help
- Outside playground time
- Choice of activities as well as teacher directed activities.
The following goals are met by allowing children to explore their options and make decisions with guidance from a dedicated staff in a structured, yet fun, setting:
After School Extracurricular Activities at Nativity School
- Furthering the work of our school system to develop and expand skills and cultural interests in the world around them.
- Developing relationships with others and working together in cooperate group situations.
- Forming good habits, respect for others, and accepting responsibilities.
- Developing self-confidence and sharing in the planning process of their group.
- Developing values and moral principles.
- Developing the skills necessary for fun and adventure.
Nativity School offers many extracurricular activities for its students, many of which take place in the school directly after classes. Due to the close connection between the school and the Early Learning Center it is possible for our children to participate in some of those activities. The activities range from intramural sports to music lessons to scouting programs. A complete listing of after school programs available to your children is available on the school web site under extra-curricular activities.