Why Choose Nativity Early Learning Center?
Thank you for expressing interest in the Nativity Early Learning Center (NELC). The Center has been serving families for over 26 years. The NELC offers a safe and loving environment for children ages 33 months to 12 years. The NELC has an excellent Full Day Preschool program as well as an Extended Day Program for those children attending Nativity School in grades K-6th. We offer convenient hours with long-term, knowledgeable, dedicated, and loving staff. Our Preschool programs are designed to maximize the educational and social benefits for your child's future success. Our teachers are committed to providing children with a curriculum that continues to grow as they do! In addition to our school year program we also offer a summer camp with field trips and special adventures and activities. The NELC is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Our Educational Philosophy
The Nativity Early Learning Center is devoted to social and emotional development, academic excellence, The Gospel message and community. Children will experience growth and learning in their social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development and families will feel supported and nurtured in their child rearing efforts. Children will gain competence in their home language as well as their second language. At The Nativity Early Learning Center we are dedicated to teaching the children:
- Social and Emotional Development
- Emotional Development, Self-Concept and Social Competence and Relationships
- Different Approaches to learning
- Curiosity, Risk-Taking, Imagination and Invention, Persistence and Reflection and Interpretation
- Language and Literacy Development
- Listening, Speaking, Emergent Reading and Emergent Writing
- Creativity and the Arts
- Creating, Responding and Evaluating
- Cognitive Development
- Mathematical and Logical Thinking- Number Concepts and Operations, Patterns and Relationships, Spatial Relationships/Geometry, Measurement and Mathematical Responding
- Scientific Thinking and Problem Solving- Observing, Questioning and Investigating
- Social Systems Understanding- Human Relationships and Understanding the World
- Physical Motor Development
- Gross Motor Development, Fine Motor Development and Physical Health and Well Being
- Religious Education
- The children will develop an awareness of God, the bible, learning prayers, empathy, respect and values through developmentally appropriate activities including being kind and loving to each other.
The Nativity Early Learning Center is a partnership of children, parents and staff dedicated to developing the whole child and preparing each child for a successful school experience.
Our Program Goals
Our educational philosophy comes to life through the following goals established for all children enrolled in the NELC.
The teachers and staff fulfill our mission and philosophy through a commitment to:
- Learn to work independently and accept one's own strengths and weaknesses
- Develop good character, self-respect and self-discipline
- Identify and enhance creative and intellectual skills
- Develop self-help, creative expression, speech, and language skills
- Learn to work in groups and to respect differences
- Build strong social development skills
- Develop problem solving skills
- Develop the necessary skills to resolve conflict peacefully and respectfully.
- Develop an awareness of God, the bible, learning prayers, empathy, respect and values.
- Create a safe, nurturing environment
- Create an equal partnership of children, parents, staff and community.
- Create and environment where all children are treated with equal respect and consideration.